HSE First Aid Courses
Advanced First Aid
& Child Specific
ADVANCED FIRST AID AT WORK
Candidates must hold a current HSE First Aid At Work Qualification to attend this course. At the end of the programme of study, candidates will be examined on knowledge gained during the course. Successful candidates will be trained in the effective management of incidents and will be able to demonstrate skills and knowledge from the following First Aid topics;
1. The ability to administer two person Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively on a casualty.
2. The ability to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively to children and babies.
3. The ability to administer promptly and effectively Basic Life Support with facemasks, and supplementary oxygen.
4. The ability to administer promptly and effectively suspected spinal injury management using cervical collars.
5. The ability to use promptly and effectively specialist equipment covering any of the following: carrying chairs, stretchers, and manual suction units, emergency fracture splints.
CHILD SPECIFIC FIRST AID
Pinnacle is pleased to offer the following certificated First Aid Course, which is approved, by the Pre School Learning Alliance, National Childminding Association and recognized by the Health & Safety Executive.
RLSS UK DEFIBRILLATOR (AED) & ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT
The chances of surviving a Sudden Cardiac Arrest are reduced by 10% for each minute the Defibrillator is delayed. This 1 day course trains candidates in the correct application of the Automated External Defibrillator together with Advanced Life Support training which includes the use of oxygen and suction.